Master Gardener Volunteer Monthly Educational Meeting
- This Month Master Gardener Monthly Educational Meeting Thursday December 3, 2015 Mounts Auditorium 9AM-10AM-Note Meeting Time Change ‘Sublime Soil’ by Dean Lavalle founder of Park Avenue BBQ & Grille. Dean began a unique non-profit seeing a need to ‘upcycle’ his own restaurant waste stream by diverting his glass and food waste from the landfill, turning ‘garbage into gold’ for the purpose of educating the next generation of upcyclers and supporting local community gardens. No Plant Raffle following Dean’s presentation.
- Next Month Master Gardener Monthly Educational MeetingThursday January 8, 2016 Mounts Auditorium 9AM-10AM
Note Meeting Time Change ‘Vegetable Gardening Tips’ by Larry Grosser Master Gardener and past president Palm Beach Chapter Rare Fruit Council International. Plant Raffle will follow Larry’s presentation.
- Thanks goes out to all the Master Gardeners who volunteered at one of the most successful Mounts Botanical Garden Fall 2015 Plant Sales.
- Master Gardener Volunteer Opportunites:
Master Gardener Volunteers needed for the Master Gardener Booth at the 2016 South Florida Fair January 15- January 31, 2016, See shift openings below. Call Deborah now to sign up at 233-1758. Last Day to sign up for the South Florida Fair Master Gardener Volunteer Booth December 5, 2015.
- Mounts Botanical Garden ‘Garden Grooming Party’ Saturday December 5, 2015 8:30-11AM Lunch provided…For more information contact the Mounts Botanical Garden 233-1757
- The Walter D. Kelly Center of DATA non-profit Drug Abuse Treatment Ass. DATA provides care for families and adolescents in recovery from substance abuse. This non-profit started a garden 10/8/15 at the Kelly Center 1041 45th Street West Palm Beach. This non-profit planted tomatoes and green peppers and hot peppers. This non-profit would greatly appreciate for a Master Gardener to come by and take a look at the garden and maybe give them some assistance on gardening in Florida. Please call and share your love for gardening to the next generation. Feel free to call Ms Denetra 561-844-9661 Thank you so much.